Transcription refers to the conversion of spoken words to a discernable textual form. There are many professionals such as lawyers, doctors, etc. who record their observations and send them for transcription. Owing to the rising demand for transcription professionals, many companies have started deploying automated transcription software solutions to cater to the needs of their clients in a time efficient manner. With the help of voice recognition software, recordings can easily be converted into a written format. However, many argue that the level of accuracy and quality is not the same when manual and automated transcriptions are compared. While manual transcription is a time-intensive process as compared to automated transcription, but still it assures much higher quality, flawlessness, and accuracy as compared to the former.
Many experts accentuate the fact that while automatic transcriptions may serve the required purpose for general transcriptions, but for legal and medical transcriptions, the transcriber needs to be aware of certain jargons or “field specific terms” in order to provide correct transcription. Also, academic transcriptions yield the best result when done manually.
Here are the top reasons which signify why manual transcription is a better option over the automatic transcription:
- Computer-based voice recognition software is generally not capable of differentiating between speakers. As a result, for the computer only one person speaks and hence, the converted text is presented as a plain text, not as a two way communication or communication between the multiple people.
- Automated transcription software never replays the audio several times in order to understand the difficult words and to discern an inaudible phrase. Thus, it lacks in flawlessness and accuracy.
- The automated transcriptions with voice recognition technology are not able to understand the cultural intonations, differences in variations in the dialect and other similar elements. This further impacts the overall quality of the text.
- Manual transcriptions, on the flip side, are capable of ideally understanding the background noise, and ensure that the background noise does not affect the quality of the transcript. The transcription professionals replay the audio recording multiple times to ensure accuracy.
- An experienced transcriptionist is able to understand the common tone and phrases used in a particular field, such as between doctor & patient communication, court hearings etc. Thus, they are able to deliver better write-ups than most of the automated transcription software.
Owing to the aforementioned reasons, it becomes lucid that transcription is best done manually. There are a plethora of features which make manual transcription services more reliable as compared to their automatic counterparts. However, one should ensure that the manual transcription is being done by professionals who are aware of the industry and the terms used in it commonly while communicating. Experienced and industry specific transcription professionals ensure unmatched quality and time efficiency.
Flatworld Solutions is a leading and trusted provider of high quality and error free transcription services. At Flatworld Solutions, we leverage advanced technology tools and deploy the best manual transcription services to deliver accurate, flawless and time efficient delivery. If you have a transcription related project requirement or some queries regarding it, you can share in the form of comment in the below given box and our executives will contact you with the apt solutions shortly.
Interested to know more?
- 5 Reasons Why Outsourcing Medical Transcription Can Be Beneficial to your Hospital
- Take your Pick from 3 Simple & Quick Transcription Processes
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- How Has SEM Changed the e-Commerce Industry? - August 10, 2017
- Common Transcription Mistakes Which Can Ruin an Accurate Transcription - August 3, 2017
- The Effect of Multi-channel Contact Centers on Traditional Call Centers - July 27, 2017