If you are working for the health care industry, you must have come across the term HIPAA, (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Certain regulations can be confusing initially but once you are with it, you can follow them.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA compliance is a living entity health care organizations need to implement in business to protect the privacy and integrity of the protected health information. The regulatory act was created to establish the legal aspect of protected health information. PHI is the combination of identifying information like the address and name. For instance, if you know that your mother is diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder, that’s PHI.
When it comes to the importance of HIPAA, there are countless reasons behind it. However, the key reason behind the use of HIPAA is to ensure the privacy and security of the patient. In other words, it provides a proper framework safeguarding the details and restricting access to the third party. Any health organization dealing with PHI needs to have the physical and process security measures accordingly.
In other words, HIPAA is designed to protect individuals and to ensure everyone carries full access to personal medical records.
Importance of HIPAA in the Health Industry
HIPAA offers patients a powerful tool to get medical records and see if there are any changes required. As a patient, you can authorize to speak on your behalf. The patient can designate as many as people who are trustable enough in case of an emergency. Some of the information protected by HIPAA are –
- The name of your doctor or any healthcare provider
- Conversation that your doctor has with other doctors, specialists, nurses, or any other person, regarding your treatment
- Information regarding you that is stored with your Insurer
- Billing information about your treatment
- Any other health-related information that is in the safekeeping of individuals and mandated as per the HIPAA law.
Hospitals now outsource HIPAA drafting work to professionals. Hiring professionals will help healthcare experts to allocate the resource and simplify the process. By outsourcing time-consuming tasks like HIPAA, you are taking off the load from the staff and able to manage day-to-day tasks easily. Right from the medical billing process to the medical coding and claim process, the outsourcing company does the job perfectly. Hire a professional healthcare outsourcing company to get the best job done.
Choose Flatworld Solutions for HIPAA-Compliant Healthcare BPO Services
Flatworld Solutions has been a pioneer in providing the best quality healthcare BPO services to clients around the globe for over 17 years. We have some of the most experienced and skilled medical billing and healthcare BPO experts on board who can cater to all your needs with ease. We leverage the latest tools and technologies while delivering top-notch services to clients.
If you are looking for a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant healthcare BPO service providing company, then your search ends here. Get in touch with us today!
Interested to know more?
- A Quick Guide on Healthcare BPO Services
- Know All About Effectively Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Have You Tried Partial Outsourcing? - April 17, 2023
- Key Tips to Keep in Mind While Editing a Manuscript - December 9, 2021
- Top Tips to Consider While Localizing Your Website - December 2, 2021