If you are the owner of an online business, then you must know that success can come only if your site is recognized on the web. But keeping your site on the top of search engines can be troublesome, tiring and expensive if you don’t comprehend Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Outsourcing SEO to India can be the solution to your dilemma. But before you start the outsourcing process, it would be a good idea to get to know the pros and cons of outsourcing SEO to Indian firms.
1. Low cost: The reason why most companies outsource SEO is because of the low cost. Outsourcing SEO to an Indian firm is much cheaper than hiring an in-house SEO specialist. Outsourcing can also help you totally eliminate the overhead costs of staff turnover, infrastructure, recruitment and management. You can also save yourself the trouble of hiring, training and retaining your SEO staff.
2. Reduced delivery time: When SEO is critical to the life of your site, you would not want your staff going on vacations or taking a day off. With outsourcing, you can get access to a dedicated Indian SEO firm who will work for you straight through your holidays and vacations. And if you effectively communicate your needs, along with the right documentation, the SEO firm can deliver quality results at lightning speed.
3. Developed SEO processes, global standards and SEO best practices: Since an Indian SEO firm, will have SEO as its primary focus, your site can benefit from their adherence to global standards and SEO best practices.
1. Knowledge gaps: Since the company handling your SEO work is not in the same location as your business, you could face the problem of knowledge gaps. To bridge such gaps, make sure the SEO firm is up-to-date with the ever-changing SEO trends and not using old SEO practices or technology.
2. Time zone problems: The difference in time between your company and your offshore SEO firm can bring up issues during weekends or holidays when the time zone differs. However, this can be dealt with, if provisions are made by you and the SEO firm to keep up-to-date through regular and clear communication.
3. Ethical business practices: With outsourcing, it can be hard to find out how long an SEO firm has been in business, their accomplishments, or if their SEO business practices are ethical. To ensure that you don’t face such a situation, do your homework before narrowing down on an SEO firm. You could also ask the SEO firm to give you references to check with.
What are your personal opinions on outsourcing SEO to India? Do you have any points that can be added either to the pros or cons? Let us know.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Have You Tried Partial Outsourcing? - April 17, 2023
- Key Tips to Keep in Mind While Editing a Manuscript - December 9, 2021
- Top Tips to Consider While Localizing Your Website - December 2, 2021