Did you know that inaccurate data will limit your marketing effectiveness and even damage your business reputations? Now you make your data give you results through data cleansing.
Data cleansing or data scrubbing refers to the process of correcting or removing data from a database or mailing files that have incorrect, obsolete, inaccurate or incomplete data. Data can be very easily incorrectly keyed and can also go out-of-date very quickly. If you wish to keep your data clean and up-to-date, you will need to maintain both quality and integrity in your database. The best way to do this is through data cleansing.
Data cleansing is the most cost-effective way of making sure that your existing records are accurate. Good quality data will empower you to analyse your customer base, make informed business decisions and improve your performance. Using data cleansing is a great way to make sure that your database is consistent, free of errors and follows a standard.
Top 3 reasons for using data cleansing
- Access a database that has 100% accurate and consistent records. For instance, an accurate address will improve your response rate and will result in increased revenue.
- Drastically reduce the amount of mail that is returned, delayed or undelivered
- Since data cleansing is an electronic process, it is can save you both time and money, when compared to manual data cleansing
Key benefits of data cleansing
If you are wondering if you should invest on data cleansing, the answer is “yes”. Clean and accurate data is a pre-requite for any successful customer, marketing or sales strategy and can bring in numerous other benefits for your business.
By opting for clean data, you can leverage the following key benefits:
- Drastically improve your profit through an accurate targeting of your sales prospects
- Minimize costs and avoid wasting marketing resources on the basis of inaccurate contact details
- Build up your brand value and preserve your company’s good name
- Promote compliance with the Data Protection Act
- Save on rising mailing costs
- Improve your brand image by reducing customer distress
- Reduce hurdles and improve operational efficiency
- Minimize risk and turnaround time
- Improve data accessibility and security
- Eliminate duplicate data
- Improve accuracy and quality
Data cleansing process
- Data analysis: The data is analyzed to identify the structure, content and quality of the data
- Data de-duplication: Duplicate or redundant data is deleted and only one unique copy of the data is stored
- Data standardization: Data is carefully defined, formatted and structured in all data layers. This step helps in achieving better results
- Data normalization: This process makes sure that the structure of the data serves your purpose. This step not only organizes the data, but also eliminates inaccuracy and redundancy.
- Quality assurance: In this last step, a thorough QC is done to confirm the accuracy of the data in all the above stages
Do you want to improve the integrity of your data? The easiest way to do it is by outsourcing data cleansing. Why not get started by reading more about the data cleansing services that Flatworld Solutions offers.
Interested to know more?
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- Why Does Your Company Need Payroll Data Analytics? - October 21, 2021
- Advantages of CRM Data Mining That Can Help Your Business - October 14, 2021
- Things to Consider While Designing Your Floor Plan - October 7, 2021