Designing of circuits require software programs, whether it costs money or not. These take you through the prototyping phase to the industrialization phases. Because these software are available in a variety of options, it becomes difficult to choose the one you require the most. Since these software can cost up to thousands of dollars, you need to make an informed decision. The following list will give comprehensive information about Popular PCB Design Software to Watch Out for in 2020:
German CadSoft Computer GmbH developed this software in 1988. EAGLE is actually an acronym and it stands for Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor. The software is available in three versions, namely, paid, standard, and premium. You can get the following features in EAGLE:
- Diagram editor
- Diagram hierarchy
- Changing annotations between PCB and the diagram
- Diagrams for the layout coupled with advanced features
Protel systems, an Australian company devised this software in 1985. They are now American owned and are amongst the top PCB modeling creation software. The firm gets 6000 new subscriptions every year and hopes to get a 200 million dollar turnover in 2020. The company provides a free trial for 15 days upon the completion of which, one has to purchase the product to continue using it. You can get the following features in Altium:
- Design environment with layout routing, documentation, diagrams, and simulation
- DMF or Design for manufacturing to ensure PCB designs are reliable, functional and easy to produce
- Designs that are 3D flex-rigid
- Output of production file
An English company founded the Proteus electronic CAD solution, in 1988. It is marketed over 50 countries across continents. There are two main software programs in this suit:
- Proteus ISI: electric simulation and diagram creation
- Proteus ARES: automatic component positioning with a solution for printed circuit routing
It is an open-source, printed circuit design software suite which is available for free. The design software includes PCB routing, management of diagrams and 3D modeling capabilities for electronic engineers. The features and specifications of this product are as follows:
- Kicad: project manager
- Pcbnew: printed circuit editor
- Eeschema: electric diagram editor
- Gerbview: Gerber file viewer
- Cvpcb: utility to select the physical imprints of components used in the diagram
- Pcbcalculator: design aid tool to calculate resistance values, track widths, etc.
Choose Flatworld Solutions for High-quality PCB Design and Layout Services
Flatworld Solutions has been a pioneer in providing high-quality PCB design and layout services and a plethora of other electrical engineering services to global clients. We have some of the most skilled, qualified, and experienced electrical engineers who have the skills to cater to any of your PCD design needs. We leverage the top and the best PCB design tools and technologies to deliver top-quality services to our clients.
If you are looking for a reliable and cost-effective PCB design and layout service provider, then feel free to get in touch with us.
Interested to know more?
- How is IoT Opening New Avenues for the Engineering Services Market?
- PCB Layout – Should You Design it In-house or Outsource It?
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- Top 5 Benefits of Wealth Management Services - August 6, 2020
- How Can Apache Cassandra Benefit Your Business? - July 30, 2020
- Major Benefits of Outsourcing Data Recovery Services - July 23, 2020