The Field Programmable Gate Array or FPGA is a semiconductor device comprising of logic blocks programmed to execute a specific set of functions. These logic blocks are connected helping of an interconnect matrix. The structure is in the form of two-dimensional array consist of logic blocks, interconnects connecting it with input and output signals. One of the benefits of FPGA is they are reprogrammable to modify serving a function that is different from the one they perform.
If you want to learn about FPGA design flow, then below are the steps-
- Design Entry
Design entry is done using various techniques like schematics, through Hardware Description Language or HDL. This design deals with more complex systems and it is better to opt for HDL. Design entry has a schematic based technique, which is easy to read and comprehend.
Once the design is entered in the form of code, this phase is translated into an actual circuit with elements like gates, flip-flops, and multipliers among others. The input HDL is converted into a netlist, which lists the logic elements you will need for the project.
This phase involves the layout of the design determining three steps- Translate, Map, and Place & Route. The tools used provided by FPGA because they know the best how to translate synthesized netlist into FPGA.
- Timing Verification
You can verify the timing of the design at different points. You can verify in two ways-
* Run static timing analysis through- After Map and After Place & Route
* Run Timing Simulation- For partial timing analysis of CLB and IOB delays
* After Place and Route (for full-timing analysis of block and net delays
Choose Flatworld Solutions for High-quality FPGA Design Services
Flatworld Solutions has been a leading provider of FPGA design services and a plethora of other electrical engineering services to global clients. We have some of the most experienced and skilled FPGA designers on board who can take care of all your requirements with ease. We leverage the power of the latest FPGA design tools and software and deliver top-quality services to clients.
If you are looking for a reliable and cost-effective FPGA design service providing company, then your search ends here. Get in touch with us today!
Interested to know more?
- How is IoT Opening New Avenues for the Engineering Services Market?
- Popular PCB Design Software to Watch Out for in 2020
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- Key Do’s and Don’ts While Creating Infographic Designs - September 24, 2020
- 5 Key Benefits of Using Swift for iOS Development - September 17, 2020
- Key Benefits of MySQL Development Services - September 10, 2020