Software Integration Testing is a kind of process which involves testing some particular modules where a contribution is made by two or more applications as an entire unit or other applications’ modules. This kind of testing ensures whether the applications have the capability of functioning in a smooth way through assimilation as well as communication established by each other. The testing comes in two different categories – black box and white box – where either is used depending specifically on the contribution level provided by other applications that are involved.
There are generally four types of Integration Testing –
- Big Bang Approach – Testing is done through coupling.
- Bottom-Up Approach – Testing is done in the method of low to high levels.
- Top-Down Approach – Testing is done from higher to lower levels.
- Hybrid Approach – Bottom-Up and Top-Down Approaches are combined together.
Advantages of Using Software Integration Testing
People working in the IT industries are aware of the consistent changes which frequently occur. Developing a complex software system requires Software Integration Testing along with its required approaches.
Big Bang Approach
- Convenient for small applications.
- Easy detection of faulty bugs.
- Individual module development.
- Errors are fixed at the same level and time.
- Less consumption of time.
- Errors are smoothly detected.
- Modules that are crucial are first prioritized.
- Used to solve the complexities of huge and complicated software.
In general, Integration Software Testing has some great perks of its own. It mostly addresses the separate aspects of a module when integrated, supporting libraries with the development of codes and rectification of errors in the affected level itself.
- It is easy to perform integration testing on various modules at the exact same time.
- The testing can be performed in both the early and the later stages when the process is ongoing.
- The length of code coverage is comparatively more for testing other software when both the Bottom-Up Approach and Top-Down Approach are applied.
- In accordance with the changes needed in the requirements, there are variations in the development. In these cases, testing performed on the modules which are at different levels become an absolute necessity and thereby, the solution of Integration Testing comes easily at hand.
With the evolution of the technologies in IT industries and numerous developers from different parts of the world working on the same project, Software Integration Testing became mandatory. It is like a regular check-up which helps the software to keep secured and intact.
Choose Flatworld Solutions for High-quality Integration Testing Services
Flatworld Solutions has been a pioneer in providing quality software integration services and a series of other software testing services to clients around the globe. We have some of the most qualified and experienced software integration testing experts who can take care of all your requirements with ease. We leverage the best and the latest software integration testing tools and technologies while delivering top-notch services to global clients.
Are you looking for an efficient and high-quality software integration testing service provider? Then, your search ends here. Get in touch with us today!
Interested to know more?
- Top 5 Software Testing Trends to Watch Out For in 2020
- What Are the Most Popular Testing Frameworks?
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- The Importance of Website Localization for Your Business - April 15, 2021
- Why You Should Not Skip Construction Material Testing for Your Projects? - April 8, 2021
- Why Should You Opt for Credit Risk Modeling Services? - April 1, 2021