Rotoscoping plays a pivotal role in the Animation industry. To understand the term Rotoscoping we need to have a basic understanding of how an animation film is developed. Frame by frame actions are captured to make a live stream and that technique is known as rotoscoping. It is used to put in or pull out a frame to the live stream to make any changes.
Rotoscoping is being extensively used in the film industry today but it is no longer done in the traditional way where the live actions were shown onto a frosted glass panel with the help of a projector and then the required actions were redrawn. Today computer software executes the task of a rotoscope which was the projection element of the setup.
Know What Rotoscopy Helps You Achieve
Have you ever been in a position where you have captured live frames and now you want to make edits? There is no elegant way to do it without rotoscoping. Talking in literal terms “Roto” means drawing over a live frame to add or extract an element to it.
Rotoscoping techniques used today help create a mask around the object that needs to be removed or added to another moving frame using the methods like Articulated Rotoscoping, Garbage Matte Creation, Matte Generation, 2D Motion Tracking, Rotosplining, and Paint Touch-up/Cloning.
In crude terms, a line is drawn around an object and it is cut out and pasted on another frame.
Various software is used in the animation industry to make rotoscoping easy and efficient. Dedicated standalone software help perform rotoscoping with added features of after effects. All tasks of rotoscoping can be achieved via these tools like positioning, rotating, scaling, and roto-splining so that dependency on any other tools is reduced.
Certain high-end software helps produce the rotoscoping effects with higher speed and better precision with advanced features like image stabilization, roto, 3D compositing, expressions, Flash output, and more.
Techniques For Better Rotoscoping
Even though we have advanced software, there is a limitation on how better we can add or extract the objects. To avoid the bottlenecks here are some techniques:
- Use a green screen to remove an object
- Reduce the motion blur so that the object can be cleanly removed
- Pick up the frame that is properly lit and the elements are visually separate
- Avoid creating too many points to make sure the outline is proper
- Matte outlines if changed over multiple frames will give it a jittery look
Outsource Rotoscoping Services to Flatworld Solutions
At Flatworld Solutions, we are offering flexible and user-friendly solutions for the rotoscoping needs. Right from image editing to animation services we are a one-stop-solution for all your animation rotoscoping needs. An efficient team of creative software developers and graphic designers work very closely with you to maximize your project tasks. We are an ISO certified company and you can be assured that we deliver only the best-quality rotoscoping services to our clients. Connect with our experts and check out our services to find solutions to your day to day needs.
Interested to know more?
- Outsource Animation Services to Flatworld Solutions and Bring Your Ideas to Life!
- Top 4 Video Animation Tips from the Industry Experts
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- How Chatbots Are Delivering Exceptional Customer Service? - March 21, 2019
- How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming the Future of Transportation Industry? - March 14, 2019
- How Data Analytics Is Transforming the Insurance Industry? - March 7, 2019