Have you just recorded a meeting, a conference call or a seminar? Now you want to get your file transcribed, but you are having trouble with compressing the audio file and uploading it. This is understandable, especially since audio files are very large in size. In order to easily upload your audio file for transcription, the file size should be 128 bits or lower.
There are three options that you can choose from, when it comes to compressing an audio files:
1. Sync DropBox with the portal of your service provider: If you have more than one audio file to upload or if your audio file is excessively large, you can use Dropbox to help you. All you have to do is sync Dropbox with the customer portal of your transcription service provider. Once this is done, the portal can easily grab the audio file.
2. Use Windows Media Player / Apple itunes: Don’t have Dropbox? Or maybe you want to directly upload files from your PC? If yes, then you can use Apple’s iTunes or Windows Media Player to rip and compress your audio files. Both these players have the capability to automatically rip and compress files when an audio file is imported. You can also easily upload the audio files directly from any of these programs or re-save them into their original folder. This method of compressing is also fast and simple, as you can drag and drop several files at a time.
3. Install Handbrake on Mac: If you own a Mac and need to compress several audio files at once, you will need to download a freeware program to help you do this. Handbrake is one such compressing tool, that you can use easily on Mac. You can download Handbrake from their website and then choose from a wide array of options that will allow you compress the audio file into the desired size.
You can avail transcription services for multiple formats at Flatworld Solutions. The transcription team at Flatworld Solutions can accurately transcribe audio files in varied formats, such as, dss, wav, mov, mp3, wma, mp4, mpeg4, aiff and ra files. Flatworld Solutions is one of the few service providers who offers 99.9% accuracy, 24 hour deliveries, complete data security and value added services. Read more about the transcription services offered at Flatworld Solutions.
Interested to know more?
- Outsource Business Transcription & Shift the Focus Back on your Business
- In-house Vs Outsourced Medical Transcription: Which is more Advantageous?
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Have You Tried Partial Outsourcing? - April 17, 2023
- Key Tips to Keep in Mind While Editing a Manuscript - December 9, 2021
- Top Tips to Consider While Localizing Your Website - December 2, 2021