For every single enterprise trying to generate value from the compiled data, it is important to have proper management of information flow from the source to the destination, like a data warehouse. This task proves to be an intricate and complicated one since there are so many things that could go wrong. Errors could propagate along the pathway of the source and destination or there might be duplication or corruption of data. With an increase in the data volume and the sources, the process gets even more complex. This is where data pipelines can help. With data pipeline automation, the flow of information can be simplified by eliminating all the manual steps in the process.
What Exactly Does Data Pipeline Architecture Mean?
A data pipeline architecture can be defined as a particular arrangement of objects that will regulate, extract, and route the data to various relevant systems to gain valuable insights. While pipelines of big data and ETL tend to extract the data from the source and transform it for loading it into the system, the data pipeline has a much more simplified process. It embraces all the values of the big data and ETL pipelines into one singular subset. One of the main differences between data pipeline and ETL is that the former tend to use proper processing tools to transport the data from a particular system to another one without the transformation taking place.
What Factors Contribute To The Data Pipeline?
3 important factors come into consideration during the creation of a data pipeline.
- Throughput: This can be defined as the rate of processing the data within a specific period.
- Reliability: The different systems that are a part of the pipeline need to have completely tolerant to different faults. Hence, the pipeline should be created with values such as validation, auditing, and logging to ensure good quality of data.
- Latency: This refers to the time taken by a single data unit to completely pass through the data pipeline without any issues.
Since huge volumes of data keep on flowing inwards every single day, it can be beneficial for an enterprise to have a properly functioning data pipeline to allow the handling of data to occur in real-time. This provides a much-needed boost to reporting factors and analytics as well. With data pipelines, the targeted functionality of the data can be increased. Also, it can help with process automation, target customer behavior analysis, and other important processes.
Choose Flatworld Solutions for Efficient Data Science Services
Flatworld Solutions has been a leading pioneer in providing a host of data science solutions to clients around the globe. We have some of the most experienced and skilled data scientists on board who can cater to all your requirements with ease. We make use of the latest tools and technologies while delivering top-notch services to clients.
Are you looking for a reliable and efficient data science service providing company? Then your search ends here. Get in touch with us today!
Interested to know more?
- How Data Science Can Help the Travel Industry in the Post COVID Era?
- How Can Data Science Add Value to Your Business?
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Key Tips to Keep in Mind While Editing a Manuscript - December 9, 2021
- Top Tips to Consider While Localizing Your Website - December 2, 2021
- Top 5 Pharmaceutical Research Trends to Watch Out for in 2022 - November 25, 2021