Do you want a custom app for your business, but don’t have access to the right skills to pull it off in-house? Though there is no lack of app developers out there to help you, choosing the right developers can be a nerve-wrecking process, not to mention that getting work done from outside is not an easy task. Read on to find out more about what you can do to get the best possible output from your app development service provider.
- If you are on the lookout for a developer, don’t worry, there are a lot of options. You can take your pick from specialized outsourcing firms, freelancers and online app building services. You can post your requirement on Elance and even Google the term “software developer “along with your zip code and the name of your area. Remember to be specific when you are describing your requirement.
- Choose an app developer who is a skilled technician and knowledgeable about software engineering. An ideal developer should be able to understand the need of your business and guide you through the scoping out phase. He or she should then be able to clearly communicate about the project throughout the entire development process.
- Before finalizing on a mobile developer, ask them questions on their methods of communication, their knowledge about app development and if they can finish building your app within your deadline.
- Share details about what you want your app to do. Giving clear details will dispel misconception and set your project on a smooth course towards completion. Also give a list of the key features that you want your app to have, along with a prioritized list of extras that will make your app interesting and fun.
- In broad strokes, your custom app should follow a process that goes through five phases, namely Discovery, Scope Alignment, Development, Revision and Shipping/Production. In the discovery phase, you communicate your expectations. These expectations are captured in the project scope phase which will list out your app’s features and capabilities. In the development phase, the app will be coded. Finally, when the app is built, it will be shipped to you.
- Once the discovery phase is completed, the developer will send over a project scope that captures the entire scope of the project. Make sure that you review these documents diagram by diagram and line by line, before you sign it. If something is wrong in the project scope, inform your developer and get it changed.
- Examine the code that is completed to make sure that it meets your expectations and complies with the project scope. If you are not happy with the way that things are going, communicate it to your developer.
- Clearly define the final project timeline and the interim timeline for the different components of your project, so that there are no delays in your app development.
- The development of your app can take anywhere from several months to a few weeks, depending on the complexity of your project. Accordingly, you will need to hire one developer or a team of programmers. Remember to also engage a designer to create the graphical interface of your app.
- Whether you have built a web app, mobile app or desktop app, you should understand that your app needs to be regularly enhanced and maintained. Discuss with your developer on how they plan to handle the future support of your app.
Have you outsourced app development before? Is there any tip that you would like to add to the above list? Let us know, by leaving a comment in the box below. We, at Flatworld Solutions love to hear from you!
Interested to know more?
Latest posts by vinita (see all)
- Advantages of CRM Data Mining That Can Help Your Business - October 14, 2021
- Things to Consider While Designing Your Floor Plan - October 7, 2021
- All You Need to Know About Windows 365 - September 30, 2021